The Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, recognises that our work may have a direct or indirect effect on the local, regional and global environment. We are committed to reducing any harmful effects on the environment and in working with reputable associations, we aim to understand, follow and implement best environmental practice where possible. We encourage our employees, suppliers and guests to be environmentally aware through initiatives such as recycling and energy efficiency.
Our goal is to prevent landfill waste and improve recycling, by reviewing how supplies and equipment are purchased, packaged, delivered, used and disposed of while complying will all applicable environmental legislation.
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa has a ‘Green Team’ which is responsible for moving forward with the ongoing action plan for the company.
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa will concentrate on the following areas:
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa will endeavour to reduce the amount of waste generated by reusing and recycling.
- Recycle all bar glass bottles and broken glass using the glass bin in the car park
- Recycle all waste paper – providing recycling boxes throughout the hotel
- Recycle all cardboard and packaging
- Recycle all printer cartridges
- Operate a ‘Think before you print’ Campaign in all areas of the business
- Recycle all stamps from incoming mail and send them to a local charity
- Recycle all tins, cans and aluminium
- Recycle all plastics and packaging in designated bins
- Introduce water butts for the collection of rain water to water the garden and indoor plants
- Educate and train all members of staff in environmental issues and in good working practices in order to create an energy efficient and environmentally aware working culture
- Operate a computerised function sheet with a master file and porter file so we can limit the amount of wasted paper
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa will endeavour to take into account the environmental factors involved in production, use and disposal of the product
- When purchasing, analyse whether a new product is essential
- Where possible, source food from local suppliers
- Avoid purchasing products with unnecessary packaging
Energy and Water Saving
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa will endeavour to consider all resources and aim to reduce energy consumption.
- Where possible, use energy efficient light bulbs, lower heating temperatures and turn off lights in unoccupied rooms
- Make sure all radiators have adjustable controls
- Ensure that all PCs are switched off when not in use
- Ensure that daily checks are carried out on taps, pipes and toilets
- Follow the guidelines/advice set down by the GTBS and the Carbon Trust
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa will endeavour to reduce the impact of vehicle emissions by encouraging the application of sustainable principles to travelling and arranging meetings. Where possible, we will promote public transport, cycling or walking as the preferred form of transport for staff.
Hygiene, Health and Safety
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa will acknowledge the workers’ need for an acceptable working environment and will implement greener practices wherever possible. We have adopted a No Smoking Policy throughout the Hotel
Guests of Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge
As a guest at the Quy Mill Hotel & Spa we hope that you too will take time to think about the environment during your stay and helps us maintain our commitment to our Green Policy.
Guests can help us with some simple measures:
- Turn off lights or electrical items in your bedroom when not in use
- Consider the usage of your towels during your stay
- Allow us to recycle any newspapers that may no longer be required
- Avoid dripping taps
- Adhering to our No Smoking Policy in the Hotel